With the advancement of technology, the internet has been an important and dangerous place for kids. Should parents use parental controls?
The internet has been essential for kids for different reasons like education, entertainment, connecting with extended family members, and more. Likewise, due to the many inappropriate contents on the internet, kids are likely to get exposed to such content.
Because of the reason mentioned above, You need to set up parental controls for Windows apps. So today, I will talk about a few best parental control apps for Windows 10.
8 Best Parental Control App for Windows 10
Some of the best parental control apps for Windows 10 are listed below. Have a look.
Fenced.ai is a cross-platform parental control app for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. It is a monitoring app suitable to control a kid’s device activities.
Using fenced.ai, you can monitor your kids’ device activities, view their social media activities, their screen time, and much more. Besides social media monitoring, fenced.ai also keeps track of installed applications and notifies you about installing and uninstalling apps.
Likewise, one of the best features of fenced.ai is the alert feature on geofence, keyword, Wi-Fi change, and uninstall alert. Keyword alert sends you a signal whenever your kids use inappropriate words.
Features of Fenced.ai
- Monitor all the incoming and outgoing text messages and the date and time.
- Keep track of messages, posts that your kids make on their social media.
- Monitor websites that kids visit and record it.
- Know where your kids are by using the location tracking feature.
- Receive alerts when your kids visit places you have restricted visiting.
- Provides 24/7 customer support.
- If you are unsatisfied, you can cancel your plan anytime you want.
- Works in stealth mode.
- Frequent updates will be better.
- It can be better if more alert features are added.
Pricing of Fenced.ai
|Free||It is free of cost.|
|Basic||It costs $5.83|
|Premium||It costs $8.33|
2. Net Nanny
Another parental control app for Windows 10 is the Net Nanny. It monitors your kid’s device activities and lets you know what your kids are doing on their phones. Based on Net Nanny review, it is an inappropriate content filtering app that you can find on the internet. With this app, you can block all the harmful content and allow your kids to access only appropriate content.
Besides web filtering, the Net Nanny also provides location tracking, screen time management, social media monitoring, and much more. The app also provides a dashboard that allows you to view all the activities in one place.
Even though this app provides numerous features, it can be better to add a geofencing feature. Apart from that, the app has managed your kids’ digital habits.
Features of Net Nanny
- Keep track of your kids’ screen time and manage their screen time.
- Allow you to block all the inappropriate apps from your kids’ devices.
- Categorize websites into 14 different categories and let you set them to allow, alert, and block.
- Provides you alerts and reports about your kids’ online activities.
- The YouTube monitoring feature lets you know the video name, length, and date when they watched the video.
- Provides a simple user interface.
- The app has a pause button.
- The app is easy to install.
- The app is quite expensive.
- Lack of geo fencing features.
Pricing of Net Nanny
|1 Device||It costs $39.99 per year.|
|5 Devices||It costs $54.99 per year.|
|20 Devices||It costs $89.99 per year.|
The next parental control app for Windows 10 is the Mobicip parental control app. The app ensures your kids have safe online activities and reduces your stress regarding kid’s devices usage habits.
You can prevent your kids’ screen addiction and watch their device activities remotely. One of the best things about Mobicip is it allows you to schedule your kids’ study time and sleep time. This feature is best because it ensures your kids do their activities without disturbance.
Talking about the installation of Mobicip, the app is easy to install; all you have to do is download the app. Then select kid mode if you are going to install it on your kids’ device. And finally, log in to the app and start monitoring the app.
Features of Mobicip
- Allow you to set screen time, and when your kids reach their limit, their devices will be locked automatically.
- Offers advanced internet filtering that filters internet content in real-time.
- With the location tracking feature, you can track your kids’ location anytime you want.
- Allow you to block the app, which prevents kids from downloading the app.
- View your entire family device activities in the dashboard.
- It is easy to set up; all you need to do is scan the QR code to set up the app.
- Offers free trial for one week.
- You can invite your partners to view the report.
- Lacks geo fencing feature.
- Lacks all time limit features.
Pricing of Mobicip
|Small||It costs $3.99 per month.|
|Large||It costs $4.99 per month.|
|X-Large||It costs $9.99 per month.|
4. Windows Family Safe
Designed especially for Windows users, another best parental control app for Windows 10 is Windows Family Safe. Like other parental control apps, Windows Family Safe is designed to help parents control their kid’s screen time. This app can limit your kids’ screen time and develop healthy screen habits.
You can get weekly reports that make controlling a kid’s screen time easy. Many parents struggle to limit their kid’s screen time, but with Windows Family Safe, you do not need to argue with your kids anymore. Compared to other apps, this app works only in Microsoft Edge to monitor users’ browsing habits, which is one of the app’s drawbacks.
To install the app, first you need to register to Microsoft Windows Account. You can create a Windows Family Safe account only after you have created Microsoft.
Features of Windows Family Safe
- View your kids’ device activities weekly.
- Filters web content as per your kid’s age.
- Allow you to limit your kids’ app usages.
- Provides a note feature where you can keep your family plans.
- Shows your kid’s location in real-time.
- It is free for Microsoft users.
- Easy to use
- Allow you to set a daily screen time limit.
- Does not support for No-Microsoft users.
- You have to create email even for toddlers.
Pricing of Windows Family Safe
It is free for Microsoft users.
The next parental control app that works for Windows 10 is Qustodio. It provides a wide range of valuable features for monitoring your kids’ devices, and it is one of the easiest ways to detect your kids’ device activities.
With Qustodio, you do not have to worry about what your kids are doing on their devices. You can remotely view your kids’ device activities from the app dashboard. Qustodio is suitable for online activities and is ideal for protecting kids from cyber threats and online predators.
With Qustodio, you can view your kids’ device activities for the past 30 days. You will even receive their daily and weekly reports daily and weekly basis. Besides, one of the best things about Qustodio is its Panic Button, which sends you your kid’s location whenever they are in danger.
Moreover, if you are downloading the app on your kids’ device, you need to download the Qustodio app and set it up within a few steps.
Features of Qustodio
- Tracks all incoming and outcoming calls and messages.
- Balance your kids’ screen time.
- The YouTube monitoring features keep track of the history of YouTube searches.
- Allow you to set time for the usages of Apps and Games.
- Social network activity monitors social media activities.
- It is a cross-platform app.
- Provides a wide range of features.
- Can create a free Qustodio account.
- It is pretty expensive.
Pricing of Qustodio
|Small Plan||Costs $54.95 per year.|
|Medium Plan||Costs $96.95 per year.|
|Large Plan||Costs $137.95 per year.|
KidLogger is another parental control app for Windows 10 to monitor your kid’s smartphone and PC. This app was mainly designed to help parents supervise their kids when using their devices, and the app protects kids from the adverse side of social media and technology effects.
One of the exciting features of the app is recording keystrokes. This keystroke feature records the pressed keys and records copied texts. Next, the app also records USB and DVD usages on your kid’s device. Even though the app provides unique features, KidLogger still lacks essential web filtering features. The app can be better only if these features are added.
Features of KidLogger
- The screenshot feature takes a random screenshot of the target device.
- Keep a record of files and folders that your kids are opening on their devices.
- Monitors browsing habits of the target device.
- Records chat messages that take place in message apps.
- The time tracking feature records the total time kids spend on their device.
- It is a cross-platform app.
- Has uninstalled protection that notifies you when your kids uninstall the app.
- The free version offers limited disk storage.
- There are a few features in the free version.
Pricing of KidLogger
|Basic||It is free of cost.|
|Standard||Costs $29 per year|
|Professional||It costs $89 per year.|
7. Kaspersky Safe Kids
Know what your kids are doing using Kaspersky Safe Kids. Kaspersky Safe Kids is one of the compatible parental control apps for Windows 10 that monitors target device activities and manages your kids’ screen time. Kaspersky safe kids block access to adult websites and filter inappropriate apps and games. It provides a GPS feature that lets you know about your kids’ whereabouts.
One feature on Kaspersky that amazed me was the app lets you know when your kids’ device is running out of battery. Using this feature can warn them about their device battery life.
Similarly, you need to connect with your Kaspersky account to use this app. The app comes in two versions, one is for the kid’s app, and the next is the parental app. The app you are using on your kids’ device monitors your kids’ device activities. And you can view all the reports on your device.
Features of Kaspersky Safe Kids
- The screen time management feature helps you manage your kids’ time feature.
- Provides a GPS tracker that shows your kids’ whereabouts.
- YouTube search history lets you know what your kids are searching on YouTube.
- Send you an alert when your kids are searching for any inappropriate content.
- Allow you to manage app usage based on age and time.
- Provides a free version.
- Let you connect through your Kaspersky account.
- The app is easy to install.
- It cleans all malware and viruses.
- The free version has only basic features.
- The iOS version is not as good as the android version.
Pricing of Kaspersky Safe Kids
|Kaspersky Safe Kids Free||It is free of cost.|
|Kaspersky Safe Kids Premium||It costs $14.99 per year.|
Bark is another parental control app that monitors kid’s device activities. It is one of the easy-to-use parental control apps for Windows 10 that provides a wide range of features for protecting kids from online predators. Bark has been able to detect kid’s mental health problems, drug problems, bullying, and so on. Bark has seen such issues by keeping track of kid’s online behavior and detecting more than 30 apps.
Along with this, Bark works by monitoring content that kids watch online and detects if it is appropriate for their age or not. Next, if the contents kids are watching are inappropriate, it will send you an alert message.
Features of Bark
- Detects kid’s devices 24/7.
- The screen time and web filtering feature filter all inappropriate content.
- Monitors social media conversations of Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, and more.
- Keep track of the kid’s location.
- Monitor all text, photos, and videos on your kids’ device.
- Provides a free trial period for a week.
- Monitors more than 30+ apps.
- Provides a great customer experience.
- Very few options for personalization.
- Frequent updates will be better.
Pricing of Bark
|Bark Jr||It costs $49 annually.|
|Bark Premium||It costs $99 annually.|
Summing up, parental control apps have been essential for all parents to remotely monitor their kids’ device activities. Since there is a lot of content on the internet, and all the contents are not appropriate for kids, it is essential to block such inappropriate content before such contents harm kids mentally.
You can use the parental control app for Windows 10 to monitor your kid’s online activities. In this article, I have mentioned my top 8 favorite parental control apps for Windows 10. I hope this article will help you select a parental control app for Windows 10.
Also, if you have more parental control apps for Windows 10, please do not forget to mention them in the comment section below.