As a parent, all we want is to keep our children safe, but it’s becoming more complex as technology advances. Older generations are having difficulties keeping up with new technologies. Technology advances are bringing some danger and the real threat to our lives.
Primarily, social media applications are filled with potentially harmful elements. And one of the social media sites attracting a lot of attention and hype among children these days is Snapchat. Make sure to monitor your child’s Snapchat for their online safety.
Snapchat has grown to be an enormously popular social media platform for children. This app can be seen on any child’s phone. It is available on Android and iOS smartphones and provides users with immediate access to the whole world.
It is best known for its instant snapping and texting, incredible camera, and cool filters. The disappearing content is one of the other critical lures of this social media app. When users send an image or video to their mates, it only appears for a few seconds before disappearing.
This is also one of the reasons Snapchat is perhaps the most challenging software to track. As a result, whether you have an app that tracks it for you or uses the in-built parental feature, catching scammers and abusers can be tricky.
Why Monitor Your Child’s Snapchat?
As mentioned earlier, Snapchat has been a craze for both children and adolescents for the past few years. Snapchat is a typical Gen-Z application, and many parents may be unaware that the app exists. Maybe it is the reason why the children are so into this app.
Children use Snapchat mostly to share silly stuff such as mischief and dares. Since Snapchat allows for the deletion of messages, many children may believe they can do wrong and get away with it. This is why you need to keep an eye on Snapchat.
The most challenging issue for parents is that there is no way to see your child’s online activity in the app.
For example, there are proper feed and chat details on Facebook and Instagram, but not Snapchat.
Thus, the best way to keep your children secure in this app is to enable all parental control features beforehand, or you can download and use parental control software. Let’s take a closer look at it.
How To Enable In-Built Snapchat Parental Control?
Here are the following ways by applying which you can enable safe mode for your children on Snapchat.
1. How To Switch Off Quick Add On Snapchat?
Follow the guidelines below.
Step 1: Go to their profile page.
Step 2: Tap on the gear icon.
Step 3: Then tap on Show Me in Quick Add.
Step 4: And uncheck that feature.
2. How To Stop Location Sharing On Snapchat?
Follow the steps below.
Step 1: First, go to your child’s profile page.
Step 2: Then click on the gear button.
Step 3: Tap on See My Location.
Step 4: And then make sure Ghost Mode is on.
3. How To Report Inappropriate Things or People On Snapchat?
Follow the guidelines below.
Step 1: To report a Snapchat Story, press and hold the offending Snap until the flag icon appears. Tap it to report the Story.
Step 2: Press and hold the Snap until the flag icon seems to report a Snap sent to you. Tap it to report the Snap.
Step 3: To report a Snapchat account, press and hold the user’s name and tap the Report button.
4. How To Block Users On Snapchat?
Follow the steps below.
Step 1: Click on the profile in the upper left corner.
Step 2: Then give thumbs down to the option, My Friends.
Step 3: When you see the person whose name you choose to ban, swipe across their name.
Step 4: Then press Edit and then Block or Delete.
5. How To Ensure That Your Children Are Not Accessible To Strangers?
Follow the guidelines below.
Step 1: First, to the profile tab.
Step 2: Tap the gear button.
Step 3: Then click on Contact me.
Step 4: And make sure to pick the option, My friends.
Step 5: Then, in the Who Can line, tap View My Story.
Step 6: And pick My Friends to limit access to your child’s Snaps to friends.
How To Use Parental Control Apps in Snapchat?
If you are not satisfied with the in-built parental control feature in Snapchat, you can use parental control apps. Here are five apps you can use if you wonder how to monitor your child’s Snapchat on your iPhone.
Starting with the best tracking app, and that is Spyzie. There is nothing much for the parents to be concerned about when Spyzie monitors their children. Not only Snapchat, but Spyzie also helps you monitor other social media platforms.
When the program is successfully installed on the targeted device, you can see any child’s updates or receives on the app. These messages can appear in text form and screenshots taken by Spyzie from the devices.
Every message is stamped with the time and date it was sent. You’ll be able to see the exact moment each message was sent using this app.
There are so many cases of sharing adult videos and snaps on Snapchat, and it is essential to ensure that your children do not partake in sensitive behavior. Hence, Spyzie can be a good option for you and your family.
Some of the features of this app are:
- Spyzie is a quick way to gain access to someone’s Snapchat account. With the quick setup process, you can begin monitoring your children in less than five minutes.
- You can spy on both iOS and Android devices using the spy app.
- The app allows you to monitor your child’s Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, and nearly every social app.
- It would be best to track your children’s texting and calling habits.
Next, Snapchat spy applications, with all the features needed to track Snapchat and other similar apps, is MSpy.
When MSpy is installed on your device, all Snapchat activities can easily be monitored. And the best part is, you don’t even have to root your device for this to work. All files, including photographs and videos, sent or received by the user on their device will be stored.
You can also obtain text messages by using this fantastic spy tool. mSpy can also help you locate messages from specific dates.
The features of MSpy are:
- Mspy is the best-rated spy app on many digital portals for delivering dependable services.
- The spy app offers a quick setup process and guidance to assist you in learning how to watch Snapchat on your iPhone.
- It will assist you in cracking passwords and data for other social apps.
- It is compatible with all Android and iPhone smartphones.
When it comes to tracking your child’s Snapchat behavior, FoneMonitor is a helpful tool. One of the essential features of this software is that the user being monitored would not locate and delete this app.
Since it can only be accessed via the program manager, it would not drain much of your RAM, CPU, or battery. You can use this program without jailbreak or root. So, instead of thinking about how to track Snapchat, download this app and update it on your child’s iPhone.
Here are the features of FoneMonitor:
- It is a free Snapchat spy app that works on Android and iOS.
- Aside from Snapchat, you can also monitor call logs, text messages, addresses, call duration time, and various other items.
- Tracking is also possible for Facebook, Whatsapp, and other social media platforms.
Spyera is a free Snapchat tracking app as well. To use this software, you must first set your child’s phone as the targeted device, and then you can use it to monitor your child’s Snapchat activities. This is just a simple app that you can use without any problems.
Other significant features of this app are:
- It can monitor both Android phones and iPhones.
- It would help if you still kept an eye on Mac OS and Windows PCs.
- Spyera also lets you spy on Facebook and WhatsApp.
- With this app on your site, you can also log calls and SMS.
You can now stop worrying about controlling Snapchat by downloading Flexispy on your device. It is free software to monitor your child’s Snapchat and other popular social networking sites like Instagram, Facebook, and Whatsapp.
Other significant features of the app, Flexispy is:
- This app’s keylogger functionality will allow you to track any letter your child types on the monitor or the screen.
- Like any other parental protection software, it will detect your child’s location.
- You can also set up keyword notifications in this app, and you will be alerted if anyone sends those to your child.
- Use this tool to take screenshots of the applications used in the targeted device.
With the freedom that social media apps like Snapchat provide, it’s essential to keep an eye on what your children are doing at all times. You must ensure your child’s safety at all times by using parental control software to monitor your child’s Snapchat.
When most problems arise through the internet and social media platforms, parental controls are no less than a god-sent gift for the parents. Even though there is a superb feature of in-built parental controls on Snapchat, you can also choose the option to get parental control apps that are dedicated to your child’s safety.
Also Read: 8 Best Apps For Monitoring Instagram
Also Read: How To Set Parental Controls on Facebook