The availability of so much material on a single platform i.e., internet may be overwhelming, especially for children who are far too naïve to comprehend the complexities of the internet.
The internet is the most significant source of information since it contains all of the information that we require. Every day, millions of individuals search the internet for information on various topics. Some are seeking intellectual resources, while others are searching for entertainment.
So, there is a need for Internet Filters to keep your kid safe from the exploits of the internet. I have mentioned the top Internet filters for Android devices for safe content and web filtering.
Use of Internet Filters for Android
The majority of young kids nowadays are hooked on their smartphones, which is where the trouble begins.
The primary reason for using an Internet content filter is to safeguard your loved ones. Like the real world, the internet includes numerous dangerous places, and it also has several harmful individuals lurking on social media platforms and online chat rooms.
So, if you don’t want your kids to access these websites, you use an Internet content filter to block inappropriate websites on their phones and shield them from the negative influence of the internet.
Furthermore, the specific monitoring functions of Internet content filter systems can help you understand your kid’s digital activities. And you can take a look over their digital footprint.
Also, the kids are not developed enough to comprehend what is wrong or right. Exposing kids to unfiltered internet information may negatively influence them, and that’s why internet filtering software is so critical for worried parents.
Best Internet Filters For Android
Here are the top Internet filters for Android devices with their features, advantages, and disadvantages.
Pumpic is an Internet Filtering application on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. It is legal and open to the public. Pumpic effectively cleans up your kid’s Internet experience.
This implies that the program prohibits all forms of access to any websites containing explicit material. In addition to censoring Internet content, this program also conducts kid parental control.
Further, it automatically sets age-based restrictions, or you can do it manually as well.
- It is capable of efficiently blocking websites based on age settings.
- Pumpic also employs a variety of filtering methods. White-listing, black-listing, and barring of profane language from website text are examples.
- Geo-fencing is available.
- This software is free to use
- It has excellent compatibility with the Android operating system.
- Track calls and text messages.
- Monitor browser history.
- Blocks websites and apps.
- Lock and wipe out the device if stolen or lost.
- Monitor social media chats.
- Confusing interface.
- It might be challenging to use if you’re not tech-savvy.
2. Family Orbit
Family Orbit is a leading kid monitoring tool with a slew of parental control features, including internet filtering. You may use the program to track your kid’s web history and observe which websites they visit.
Moreover, you detect websites that may pose a risk to the kid, you may use the Internet filtering feature on their Android phone to block such and other websites that are not safe for the kid.
- Keep an eye on your kid’s phone activities.
- Find Your Kid on a Live Map
- Detect and Report Inappropriate Behaviour
- View Text, Websites, Call History, and Other Information
- iOS and Android compatible
- Provides instant alerts.
- It does not require you to jailbreak.
- An entire family can use a single account.
- Supports cross-platform.
- No geofencing
- It is pretty expensive.
Qustodio is the internet filter software that allows you to monitor your kid’s internet activity remotely. With this program, you can limit your kid’s screen time while protecting them from risky internet behaviours.
Qustodio lets you watch all of your kid’s device’s activity on a single dashboard. You can see which applications your kids used the most and how many hours they spent using them.
Also Read: Qustodio Review
- Has advanced social media monitoring features.
- Tracks calls and SMS.
- Provides a panic button.
- Extended report of 30 days usage of the device.
- Blocks unwanted games and apps.
- Numerous options are available, such as text or phone monitoring and web content filtering.
- The software is easy to use because it has a primary user interface.
- All offensive content is filtered.
- It monitors your kid’s location.
- The software is quite adaptable.
- The online platform is out of date and quite pricey in comparison.
- No geofencing function.
- Can cause the device to slow down.
4. Norton Family
Norton Family is the best parental control program available, with a slew of valuable functions. It is a cross-platform tool that enables you to monitor and limit your kid’s online activity to keep them safe.
Also Read: Norton Family Review
- Has age-based filters.
- Provides an SOS button for dangers.
- A detailed analyzed report of device usage is available.
- Assist you in keeping track of your kid’s YouTube and Hulu history.
- It runs flawlessly on Windows Android and has minor iOS compatibility.
- Excellent monitoring and powerful web filtering tools are included.
- You can track your kid’s locations.
- No restriction on the number of devices.
- Blocks content based on your needs.
- Monitor call and text message details.
- There is no geofencing function available.
- This parenting software is both clumsy and costly.
- Macs are not supported.
- iOS is only supported to a limited extent.
- Lacks proper social media monitoring.
5. Net Nanny
Net Nanny is unquestionably one of the best internet monitoring apps. It helps you track your kid’s location, display their location history, and establish time limitations and routines. It also allows you to block a few dozen apps on your kid’s phone that may not be appropriate for your kids.
Similarly, Net Nanny also employs a real-time technique for web content filtering. It is simple to apply and can be used by those with very little knowledge of technologies. The program is built in the form of a customized browser app.
Furthermore, on your kid’s smart device, it may be used as the default browser on your kid’s device. Net Nanny has recently included content filtering for social media applications and services such as Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube, rather than banning or permitting them.
Also Read: Net Nanny Review
- Keep track of and regulate your kid’s screen time.
- Allows you to block all problematic apps.
- Provides you with alerts and reports on your kid’s Internet activity on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- When you use the YouTube monitoring tool, you will be notified of the video’s title, duration, and date.
- Availability of specialized features that block offensive words.
- Immediate alert system.
- It makes excellent use of web filtering techniques.
- Easy to use.
- We need to purchase several different features separately.
- Do not track calls and texts.
The free edition of ESET Parental Control for Android includes app management and time management, location monitoring, and geofencing. And if you pay for a subscription, it allows a kid to send an SOS message to certain phones with a simple press.
The most powerful function of this program is web filtering, which is critical for protecting your kids from unsuitable internet content.
On the contrasting side, significant disadvantage of this software is its inability to track texts and phone conversations. However, this is the extent of this feature’s inclusion in future updated versions.
- Works on unlimited devices.
- The presence of an SOS button.
- Effective web filtering,
- Provides activity reports.
- It manages applications.
- Provide a variety of parental options such as location monitoring, web content filtering, and so on.
- Easy to set up.
- The user interface is a little baffling.
- Does not support call or text monitoring yet.
Another internet filter app that parents may use to monitor their kid’s devices safely and securely is Famisafe. In addition, Famisafe also works as an internet browser filter that allows parents to control the material coming into their kid’s devices.
Likewise, a significant highlight of this internet filter app is its easy-to-use interface. You need to download the app, install it on your kid’s device and configure the settings.
- It provides intelligent parenting settings.
- Manages screen time
- Filters web content
- Location tracker.
- Displays daily app usage report.
- Provide useful features for filtering online material and tracking kid’s activity.
- Video surveillance on YouTube.
- Geofencing notifications.
- Tracks photos as well
- Provides alerts.
- There is no provision for monitoring social media applications and chats.
- Unable to support many functions on some devices.
8. Kaspersky Safe Kids
Kaspersky Safe Kids allows you to keep track of your kid’s activities on PCs, Macs, and smartphones. Kaspersky’s location tracking and geofencing feature operate well on iOS and Android and its online monitoring and device scheduling.
However, app administration is limited on iOS, and the iOS app cannot monitor calls or texts at all, but it works fine on Android. The premium subscribers also get to track YouTube search history and videos.
- Monitors devices
- Schedule time limits
- Blocks unwanted applications
- It has a lot of free features.
- Works well on Android.
- Even the premium version of this app is relatively cheap.
- The user interface design and web portal are highly intricate.
- And it also might be extremely slow at times.
The unGlue parental control software is the most user-friendly approach to regulate your kid’s screen usage. With this one-of-a-kind parental control, you can set a screen timer to limit screen time, hide applications with an app blocker, and turn off the internet entirely.
Besides, you can also manage unlimited iPhones, iPads, iPods, and other smartphones and tablets. And it only takes a few seconds to set up this internet filter app for free and for a limited time.
In addition, may also restrict screen time so that your family time becomes quality time. If you are looking for an app with all these features, unGlue is the best.
- Set daily time limits on each app specifically.
- Create a schedule for screen time, homework time, dinner time, etc.
- Block any app that may be inappropriate for your kids.
- Provides detailed device usage reports on a daily or monthly basis.
- Excellent screen time monitoring.
- Best ability to filter internet content.
- Customer service is inefficient.
- It can be challenging to operate.
Knowing the dangers of the complicated cyberlife for kids, parents must guard their kids against Internet addiction and other harmful effects. After all, you want your kid to grow up without being exposed to things that might harm them, right?
So, it is beneficial to use the best Internet filtering program to ensure that youngsters only use the internet under the supervision of their parents. In a nutshell, this article is mainly for the parents to understand the top Internet filters for android.
And if you happen to use any of the apps suggested in the article, let us know in the comment section below.
Also Read: Best Parental Control App for Windows 10
Also Read: Is The Internet Affecting Your Kid’s Development?